Tuesday 9 April 2013

Leibster, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender.



That was a joke about Leibster sounding a bit like lesbian and also an example of my why my beautiful friend Maggie nominated me to answer some questions that I haven't questioned or googled enough to know where they come from. All I noticed was how brilliantly and miserably MySpace this is and there for was IN.

The Rules.

Post the award logos, answer the short questionnaire and pass it along to two other bloggers with less than 200 followers.

1. What is your favourite book?

Easy, there are three of them. Sputnick Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and Never Let Me Go by Kazou Ishiguro. I read these three books over and over and over again. I found The Bell Jar when I was 16, when I needed to. It makes you want to kill yourself, in the best possible way. I can't ruin it for you, I just can't. Sputnick Sweetheart is beautiful, elegant and subtle. Well as a sic fi thriller romantic lesbian thriller can be? I found this when I was 17 and because I found it when I'd left school and wanted to be the coolest person ever to have existed I made sure that I loved it. I made myself love it, so I do. Never Let Me Go is the saddest thing you will ever read - its only on par with Perks of Being a Wallflower. I wish I could write in English the way Japanese men write in English.

2. Do you read real books or E Books? 

Both. I wish I could tell you that I would never touch an ebook, that real books are art and blah blah blah blah. I read on my iPad Mini all the time and on my phone. I only really have my favourite books in real life. Those and the ones that were educationally forced upon me. This makes me feel bad but you know, whevs.

3. What art form offers you the truest expression of yourself? 

Dancing, hard with moves from The Supremes, with a triple Gin and Tonic in my hand.

4. What is your favourite genre? 

I will read anything. I tend to binge though; I read all of Twilight in a week, 50 Shades of Grey in 36 hours, Hungar Games in 24 hours and The Host in 6. I can now read, partly from my own memory and partly from the book, Sputnick Sweetheart in until an hour and a half. Upon my last break up I read the Scott Pilgrim comics that he'd bought me in under 3 hours, to spite him? I don't know, girls are fucking weird.

5. What makes you laugh? 

People. Nick Potter. Hannah McCombie. Charli Reed. Jon Peters. Gemma Halliday. Maggie Callinan. Ricky Bath. Chris Bailey. Luke Davis. Tom Rawding. Mummy. JJ. Maya Masters.

Oh and Tumblr.

6. What makes you cry? 

My womb, at fucking everything.

7. What is the one thing you can't do but wish you'd be able to do? 

Either not spend more money than I have or instantaneously and non-illegally make an obscene amount of money.

8. If you were given one more day with a friend or family member who passed away, who would it be and what would you do?

My Grandma for Battenburg, videos of me as a baby and the hardest crosswords any woman has ever completed.

9. Do you write? 

Ahem.


Pass it along. 

I nominate my gorgeous colleague Sophie who writes a super lovely beauty blog where she gets more views than I do because she doesn't write about Fitspo. Also because she's far far better at this than I am. 

and Nate. We once had a conversation only about TV for 3 hours and his Tumblr is my one addiction. 







No comments:

Post a Comment